Sunday, December 13, 2009

A quick video and something a little more annoying...

Just a quick update tonight. Basically I just wanted to share a new video blog that my mate and I have produced regarding how to use the brilliant Nikon CLS [Creative Lighting System] (including i-TTL) wireless flash system. This video is the first in a three or four part series covering all aspects of the CLS system. This introductory videos shows the following information;

1. Setting your camera menu to turn on Commander mode if you are using the pop-up flash on your Nikon D700, D300s, D300, D200 etc. We also show how to set the on-camera menus for a Fujifilm S5Pro,

2. How to set your Nikon SB-900 to Commander mode,

3. How to set your Nikon SB-900 to Remote mode,

4. How to set your Nikon SB-800 to Commander mode,

5. How to set your Nikon SB-800 to Remote mode, and;

6. How to set your Nikon SB-600 to Remote mode,

In order to appease the YouTube gods I had to stop there as our 10 minutes were up. In the next couple of videos we will show how the system works in practice and how you can use different groups and channels to your advantage. We even plan to throw a bone to you Canon guys (as I feel a little sorry for you!) and demonstrate how the Canon E-TTL system works over on the other side of the fence. But you’ll have to wait a little while longer for that one…

Anyway, have a look at the video.


And finally, as I mentioned last week, I regularly look at my website stats. I do this for a number of reasons. I like to see how much traffic is passing through, how many new and unique visitors there are and what pages are being viewed over others and so on. I also like to look at whom the referring sites are that referred traffic to my site, or which sites have directed visitors to my site.

I had noticed a somewhat familiar name coming up on the list for a little while now, but I mostly ignored it. Tonight however I decided to look a little closer. It appears that this person has decided to basically copy ALL of the text from certain pages on my website and paste it on theirs. And not just any pages, but the ones describing the packages that we offer our clients. That’s just not on in my book. It seems that there are still people out there with so few brain cells that they feel they have to steal someone else’s ideas and hope that nobody notices.

I sent them a polite email this evening suggesting that they change or remove the wording from their website. Let’s see if I get a response… I’m not getting my hopes up. Damn Rockingham bogans!! Ok I’m done…

No comments:

Post a Comment